Saturday, January 5, 2013

School Orientation

   Today I had school orientation for Jakarta International School or JIS. I am one of the eight new students entering JIS. I arrived about a half hour early because of minimal traffic, which is surprising because we live in Jakarta that has a population of over 28 million people. When we arrived at JIS we had to find the middle school office. At first I thought to myself, "Ok, no big deal. This school cant be too big." Boy, was I wrong.  My family and I got lost! We walked around campus for some time to realize we went in one big circle about three times. When we finally got to the office, I was provided with a wrist band that I need to wear at all times on the JIS campus. The bracelets have microchips in them that you can put money on and I can use them to buy lunches and get supplies from the school stores. As well as locking up my stuff in a locker. I can even check out library books with it and my student ID. A very nice woman led me to the middle school library, where we had tea and she did a short presentation about the school, classes and clubs/after school activities. I then chose which electives I wanted to take and sorted out my schedule. After that, I walked to the band room where we got our new laptops. They are Mac Book Airs and are so nice. Coming from a school with less people than are in my grade at my JIS is very overwhelming but I think that the people at the orientation helped ease my nerves a lot. I have heard nothing but great things about JIS and I am so grateful to be able to attend school there. My first day is on Monday.
Wish me luck!
-Kaylin

No comments:

Post a Comment